The world of stock options can be confusing, even intimidating, to be honest. No wonder more than 80% of people never buy or sell stock options in their life. Have you been wanting to learn more about stock option trading? You are in luck! We have created a course that is perfect for a beginner in the world of stock options. In 2 hours, you should be able to understand in detail what call and put options are, what to consider before buying and selling stock options. With well paced lectures, whiteboard sessions, and live walkthroughs, learning about stock options will be a cakewalk for you.
The final quiz at the end will help you test your understanding of the key concepts. You also get a completion certificate to show your accomplishment! Discussion Forum and Email Support is always available in case you encounter any issues.
This 2 hour course ‘Introduction to Stock Options’ is broken down in 6 modules as described below. The course is LIVE now!
Subscribe to unlock discounts
Introduction to Stock Options: Course Breakdown
Introduction to Stock Options: Module 1 (19 min)
- Contract on a Condo: How to benefit from price rise with just a fraction of the cost. (5 min)
- Introduction to Call Options and Put Options (3 min)
- Option Premium vs Strike Price, Option Premium vs Time (5 min)
- Premium breakdown – Intrinsic and Extrinsic Values (6 min)
Introduction to Stock Options: Module 2 (11 min)
- Why Should I care About options (6 min)
- What is an Option Chain (5 min)
- What is Exercising Option – Difference Between American and European style
Introduction to Stock Options: Module 3 (35 min)
- Whiteboard Session Call Option – stock price simulation to evaluate profits and loss on call option, identifying the breakeven point of call option (7 min)
- Walkthrough of Call Option on a simple interface (Robinhood) (3 min)
- Whiteboard Session Put Option – stock price simulation to evaluate profits and loss on put option, identifying the breakeven point of put option (6 min)
- Walkthrough of Put Option on a simple interface (Robinhood) (2 min)
- How can Put Option be Used as insurance (6 min)
- Visualization of profit and loss zones on call and put options (4 min)
- Walkthrough of Options on Yahoo Finance (7 min)
Introduction to Stock Options: Module 4 (31 min)
- The other side of the trade: Writing and Selling Options – what to consider before writing options (7 min)
- Whiteboard Session: stock price simulation to evaluate profits and loss while selling covered calls, identifying breakeven point (7 min)
- Whiteboard Session: stock price simulation to evaluate profits and loss while selling cash secured puts, identifying breakeven point (7 min)
- How to buy stocks cheaper by selling cash secured puts (5 min)
- Option Wheeling Strategy (5 min)
Introduction to Stock Options: Module 5 (13 min)
- Meet and Greet the Greeks – Delta, Gamma, Theta (7 min)
- Implied Volatility and the Greek Vega (6 min)
Introduction to Stock Options: Module 6 (9 min)
- Walkthrough: Buy a call and put option on an advanced interface (ThinkOrSwim) (9 min)
Final Quiz (20 Questions, 45 minutes)
Subscribe to unlock discounts
Looking for Basics of Investing in the Stock Market? Check This Out
Fresh from the Blog
- What is an Options Strangle?
- What is an Options Straddle?
- What is a Bear Put Spread?
- What is a Bull Put Spread?
- What is a Bear Call Spread?